December 10-11, 2022
This fair is specifically designed for candidates seeking their first international school position outside their home country. Recruiting schools will come from all regions of the world and are open to hiring first-time overseas teachers and administrators.
By ensuring a level playing field, this fair offers a great opportunity for experienced teachers ready to take their first step into the international teaching community.
This Fair will attract Search member schools from all regions of the world. Attending schools will be seeking candidates with experience in any of the major international school curricula, including Canadian, American, UK, Australian or New Zealand curricula. Candidates should be open to opportunities in a wide range of locations, in order to gain the most benefit from this global fair.
- This special Fair will be held Saturday, December 10th and Sunday, December 11th, 2022.
- The fair’s time zone is London, UK time (UTC) – this is the most universal time zone to set the fair schedule considering candidates and recruiters are located world-wide. Candidate Schedule Draft 2022.pdf
- As this is a global virtual event, with school recruiters located in various time zones, candidates need to be fully available over the 2-day weekend fair. However, candidates should not have to take time off work/school to participate.
- Using the Virtual Fair Portal, candidates will be able to request interviews with the attending schools for their posted positions, appropriate to experience and qualifications. Recruiters can view your full Search profile including confidential references, resume/CV, supporting documents and background checks via the Fair Portal.
- Online interviews will be scheduled by schools during the fair, or during the days or weeks that follow the published fair dates, at a mutually convenient time and taking into consideration time zone differences (using Zoom, Teams etc).
- Schools will present a 30-minute live-streamed Q&A session. Candidates will have the opportunity to connect with the recruiters to ask questions about the school and community. According to recruiters and candidates at our previous virtual fairs, the Q&A sessions allow meaningful and personal connections to be made in an online platform. The sessions will be recorded for those who cannot attend the live-streamed events.
- Candidates have the option of uploading a 1-minute introductory video/reel, once the fair portal has opened (1 week prior to the fair). More details will follow closer to the fair.
- The list of attending schools will be published in the coming months. Active candidates also have access to the schools’ vacancies via the Search database.
Criteria for Attendance:
- Open to Active Seach candidates seeking their FIRST international school assignment outside their home country.
- All subjects, including specialists, all grade levels Preschool to Grade 12, and all curricula.
- Teachers with limited years of experience may also register.
- Administrative candidates may attend and apply for leadership positions.
- Candidates with current or previous international school experience outside their home country should not attend this fair. Please discuss other Search fair options with your Senior Associate.
If you are not yet registered with Search Associates, please contact me for information on joining Search Associates and participating in the First-Time Overseas Virtual Fair, or click here to start your application.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Gary MacPhie, Senior Associate